Monday, April 7, 2014

Seduction and the lure of the sea.....



This was me last year and will be me again as soon as the damn snow melts. Kayaking is awesome, you should try it.

Hi guys!

Sorry I've been away from my blog since the release of Seduction, but I figured a little time away was due. You know, releasing a book is a very stressful thing because obviously not every one is going to like what you've written or where the characters have taken the story. And while that is unfortunate, it is a reality with writing a book.


I have a couple of favourite authors,

namely Karen Marie Moning and Diana Gabaldon. And I can honestly say that I have loved everything I've ever read from both of them. But if you look at their reviews on Goodreads, there are actually people who have given them 1 and 2 stars.  How can that be? It just makes me shake my head because I think they're both such wonderful writers, yet someone out there obviously disagrees with me.

                                            View of the Bay. It's so beautiful :)


Seduction is only my second book, so I guess I need to grow a thicker skin. At least I'm better than I used to be. I remember the first bad review I ever received (for Temptation) I actually cried. It really hurt my feelings but I have learned to bring a certain level of emotional detachment to the table now when dealing with unfavourable reviews.


This is one of my favourite beaches in the world. When the tide is out, you can walk along the ocean floor for more than a kilometre. It's amazing.

So, what are you guys up to? I hope Spring is finally blossoming wherever you are. The snow is finally starting to melt in the Eastern part of Canada and I am so happy.

It has been a long, hard winter and I cannot wait to return to my cottage. I long to sit on the sand while I listen to the waves crash onto the shore. Best thing ever.
Last summer we sat on the beach and ate lobster. We bought it right off the boat. I guess you can do that when you live close to the sea in the summer.

Love you guys and a huge thanks for reading,

T.
xo