Sunday, April 20, 2014

It changed my life. It can do the same for you.....

I hope the Easter bunny found everyone this morning! He didn't come to my house, thank god, because I follow a Paleo diet and don't want to eat what that furry little bugger is dealing out.

I don't think I've ever talked about it here on my blog but I do in fact follow a Paleo diet and am quite happy about it. It's one of those topics that I talk about incessantly on my Instagram and in my everyday life to anyone who will listen. Yep. I'm one of those people who post food pics and fitness motivation pics. I guess I just feel so fantastic when I eat Paleo foods that I want everyone to feel as fantastic as I do!

For those of you who are wondering what the hell I am talking about: the Paleo lifestyle is one that doesn't include any sugar, grain, dairy, processed food, alcohol or starches like potatoes or peas in your diet.

You are probably wondering what the heck I eat then, but let me assure you that there are a lot of awesome foods out there that adhere to the principles of the Paleo diet. Things like meat, fish, vegetables and nuts. This means I can eat foods like BACON, avocados and almond butter! Just kidding, I do eat those foods, just not every day.

I eat a lot of vegetables, fruit and meat and I eat often. Probably every three hours, which translates into a lot of little meals a day. When I say I "little meals", I mean that I might have an orange and a handful of nuts and that is a meal. But I am never hungry because I eat so often.

I am so passionate about the way I eat because with a combination of Paleo and exercise, I have lost 36 lbs since January. And that ain't nothing to shake a stick at! I still have a long ways to go, but I am so happy with where I am headed.

As for the exercise...don't get me started because I'll talk your ear off. I am either in the gym or at CrossFit 6 days a week. Some days I go to the gym and then go hiking or walking for 6-7km afterwards. It's just sick but I love it.

Speaking of CrossFit, I am involved in an intense love affair with the lady of box jumps and olympic weightlifting. CrossFit is hard and I frequently get my ass handed to me during the WOD(workout of the day) but I LOVE it! I feel like a beast when I lift weights. It is a hugely empowering thing for women to do.

I am on my way to the gym right now actually.

Happy Easter everyone! Love you guys!

PS. I started writing again after my nice long break with the release of Seduction Book 2. What am I writing, you ask? It's a secret ;)