Friday, March 7, 2014

@stureardon post is coming, I PROMISE!

But first, I'd like to clear something up.
I got the strangest DM on twitter today. No offence to the person who sent it, but it was kind of odd. They said that they didn't think the picture I was using as my profile pic was really me because they'd seen other pictures of me in social media and I didn't look like the same person.

What?

Yup.

I always thought I looked kind of the same. I mean my hair is sometimes a different colour but my face is the same and my eyes and smile are the same. I guess I'm not sure how to approach this. My immediate reaction is to say "Of course that's me, don't be ridiculous!". But does that sound defensive, like I'm trying to hide something? Because I really don't want to come off that way.
Lord, the internet is a ridiculous thing sometimes.

So, because I have absolutely nothing to hide, I would like to reassure you all that I am in fact me and this is in fact my real picture.

Here are some other pictures of me as well. They were all taken in the past few months. I think that I look the exact same but my own mother has called me a chameleon once or twice, so who knows.

I don't see it, of course. When I look in the mirror, I always see the same face peering back at me.

You guys know that I welcome your comments and emails. ALWAYS. Which is why I am responding to this and addressing it here. I want you all to know that I have nothing to hide and am just trying to be as open as I possibly can be with you, because you guys mean the world to me.

Truly.

I'm just me and can't imagine why anyone would think that I would try and pose as anyone else. The thought is just so strange to me. Lord, if I was using a fake picture you'd think I would have picked someone nicer looking. Like a tall, blond, skinny model with fake boobs and bee stung lips. Now THAT would be a fake picture to use, don't you think?

I'm FAR from the model type and am more of  the "girl next door" variety. I'm also sometimes dorky and like to laugh.


Anyway, I just wanted to put an end to this and squash it good. You know what the internet is like. All it takes is one little comment to start the fire and I prefer to be drama free. Life is easier that way.

Sorry I didn't do the Stu Reardon post yet. I will do it next time, pinky swear ;)
I'll leave you with this pic to tide you over. Is it sad that I have a file on my MacBook desktop totally dedicated to Stu?
Yes, yes it is.