Sunday, March 30, 2014

6000 downloads and teary reviews.....

Today is the last and final day of my free promo for Temptation! It has been a very successful few days with just over 6000 downloads in such a short amount of time.
Because of your overwhelming support, Temptation shot up onto the "Top 100 Free" on Amazon, so thank you so much guys! I really appreciate it.

I have spent the day preparing my book description for Seduction and reading over the new reviews that you guys have left me on Amazon.com and Goodreads.

I am humbled and have shed a few tears from your kind words.

Do you know that THIS is why authors continue to write? Because god knows it's not for the money, that's for sure. I'll let you in on a little secret: when a book is priced at .99cents on Amazon, the author gets a whopping .35 cents per book. Now take into account that it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year to write a book and suddenly your profit margin isn't that great, is it? 
It's just a little insight into the "glamorous" life of an author. I know most authors probably wouldn't divulge this info because they're too cool for school, but I am a huge fan of keeping it real.

So, YOU GUYS are the reason I keep writing. It's what keeps me going whenever I get a bad review or someone says something mean about me on social media. And trust me, it does happen. There are a lot of "groups" out there that do not like authors who write books about sex or mature themes. They gang up on authors and if they were kids, we'd call them bullies. But they're adults, so we call it "free speech". Anyway, I'm not going to call them out because then I would be just as bad as they are.



To the wonderful people who take time out of your day to leave me such lovely and encouraging words: THANK YOU! It means so much to me but it also helps me to write the kind of books that you guys want to read. So, please, after you're done reading Temptation, please go to my Amazon page, leave me a review and let me know what you thought. It would mean a lot, not only to me, but to other readers who are trying to decided whether a book is for them or not. 

Much love to you all and thank you for reading,

T.
xo