Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Oh, misty eye of the mountain below.....


Don't you just love it when a song gives you chills? For me, there aren't very many that do but this song by Ed Sheeran just so happens to be one.
But how could it not? It's a Geek girl's wet dream. The Hobbit + great lyrics + the soulful voice of Ed Sheeran= Chills racing up and down my spine every freaking time. 

Of course, I hold a special affinity for song lyrics. I always have. That's where all the heart and deep, visceral significance lie in a song. For me, they're more important than the music itself. I know, it's sacrilege! How can I call myself a music lover if I don't appreciate the music? Oh, I do, but I just see it as more of an accompaniment in the background, rather than the prominent component of a song. 

I know some people who don't hear the song lyrics at all and I just shake my head at that. Of course, this is coming from someone who can sing along to any random song on the radio and know all the words -but have no blessed clue who the artist/group/band is. If I could somehow turn that into a career, I'd be golden because I'm really good at it :D