Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chris Martin, come to my house and sing to me...please?

Writing and music go together like a warm bath and wrinkly toes. It just fits.

I would say that 80-85% of the time, I'm listening to music when writing. Even if it's only on quietly in the background, the right music can put you in the right creative mindset.

In addition to American Top 40 type pop music that I  regularly listen to, here is my special writing music that never fails to get me in the mood:

Angry Music
1. Bodies (Let the bodies hit the floor)~ Drowning Pool
 I challenge you to listen to this song and not feel like you're a ten foot tall, ass kicking mutherf@cker.
2. Break stuff~ Limp Biscuit

Angsty Music
1. Going under~ Evanescence
2. In the End~ Linkin Park

Sad music- my favourite kind to write to ;)
1. The Scientist~ Coldplay 
2. Violet Hill~ Coldplay "I took my love down to violet hil, there we sat in the snow. All that time, she was silent still. If you love me, won't you let me know" So beautiful, I could almost cry. 
3. Yellow~ Coldplay "..for you I bleed myself dry.."
4. Fix You~ Coldplay
5. The Hardest Part~ Coldplay